[asterisk-ss7] Oneway and no Idle CIC's

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue May 8 07:46:05 MST 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 3:57 AM, asterisk at nicox.org wrote:

> It Seems that the Symptoms are caused by the same Problem, it seems
> that in the ITU-T standard on each Idle CIC there is a very high load
> of FISU-Messages which "overload" the zap-driver, so the problems
> described are happening.
>
> Does anybody have an idea on this?

A "very high load" of FISU messages is entirely normal with any SS7
link, since FISUs are continuously (and back to back) being sent back
and forth across the link in the absence of other messaging traffic.
However, it is not able to "overload" the zaptel driver.  In fact, I
have not seen any problem yet with overloading the zaptel driver, on
ANY system I have gotten SS7 setup on.