[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 SAM and overlap signaling

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Tue Mar 6 02:23:55 MST 2007

Hello,

On 06.03.2007 09:49, Marc Storck wrote:
> Well, if you implement this with
>
> _ABCDE00352XXXXXXXXXX,1,...
>
> it will not work, unless you use
>
> _ABCDE00352XXXX.,1,....

This will not work as expected with chan_ss7 if not using the patch to add
correct support of t35, as chan_ss7 tries to match the incoming number with
the dialplan after each received SAM. If you have _ABCDE00352XXXX.,1 and
the dialed number *should* be 003524781, and each digit after 0035 is
submitted as a SAM, it is already matched after receiving the 8, so the
asterisk will match 00352478 instead of 003524781. I think this is not what
most people want, as you don't have numbers with fixed length in Europe (as
opposed to the US)

> I may get things wrong however. If you have another idea, please share
> it so we can all test it.

If you use the patch for 0.8.4 I posted some days ago, it should work with
a configurable timeout for t35 in a way that the received digits are
matched with the dialplan only if t35 times out.

Best regards,

Kai Militzer

--
Kai Militzer                  WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller