[asterisk-ss7] Signalling two numbers via SS7

Oliver Zilken zilken at sipgate.de
Tue Jul 17 03:36:01 CDT 2007

Hi!

I want to signal  two call numbers during the setup of a ss7 call.
In addition to the network provided number (flag 0x13) I want to
transmit a userprovided, not screened number (flag 0x10)

In order to do this, I wrote a patch for l4isup.c in  chan_ss7 which
inserts a new optional isup header in the IAM right behind the calling
party number header.
This works quite well, I traced a few testcalls which looked  as proposed.

But trying to get the working in a live environment  I discovered that
our carrier is dropping every calls which includes the two numbers.
Does anybody know if this is an issue about ss7 ?!
In the ss7 docs the flag for userprovided, not screened (0x10) is said
to be "reserved for national use".  What does that mean ? Could that be
the reason for the dropped calls ?

I am quite new to ss7, so I am a very confused about this. Maybe someone
can help me.

Oliver