[asterisk-ss7] Re: Turning up A-Links

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:43:40 MST 2007

On 30 January 2007 19:16, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> "Jorge Churio" <jorge.churio at globant.com> writes:
> > Current asterisk SS7 implementations (both chan_ss7 and
> > libSS7) only supports fully associated signaling that
> > means signaling links must be in the same E1/T1 as
> > bearer. No matter what type of link you are dealing
> > with (usually A or F ones).
>
> Well, in chan_ss7 you should be able to configure one E1
> with only a signalling link, and another as the bearer.
> But you do need at least one signalling link per chan_ss7
> box.

I'm running a production box, which have 7 signalling links
to different telco's with all 8 spans in use, that means if
i will need to add a span to any of current telco - i'll
have to move all it's E1's to a different box. That would
be great to be able to have a different chan_ss7 BOX
running asterisk but be using a signalling link going from
different chan_ss7 box over a TCP connection than the whole
system will be greatly scalable.