[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 SAM and overlap signaling

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at mysql.com
Wed Feb 28 05:04:42 MST 2007

Ercan Yücebas <ercan at goldenphone.ch> writes:

> We have the issue on incoming calls. We didn't get the whole dialed
> digits.
> Is it somethink, what can be turned on and off.
>
> Strange think is also that I'm getting the following warning after a
> call
> Feb 28 10:27:26 NOTICE[11663] chan_ss7.c: IAM (cic=1): ANI=*****
> DNI=************ RNI= redirect=no/0 complete=0.
> Feb 28 10:27:26 WARNING[11663] chan_ss7.c: Received SAM on CIC=1, but
> got no IAM, state=5.

Could be a bug in chan_ss7 then, or the other end doing something strange.

If possible, you should obtain an ISUP dump when this happens and send to the
list. See http://voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+ss7+commands for
one way of doing this, something like

    ss7 dump start <file> both msu
    <repeat problem>