[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 SAM and overlap signaling

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at mysql.com
Wed Feb 28 03:44:07 MST 2007

Ercan Yücebas <ercan at goldenphone.ch> writes:

> Does any version of cham_ss7 supports overlap signaling?

I think chan_ss7 supports overlapped signalling on incoming calls:

    static void process_sam(struct ss7_chan *pvt, struct isup_msg *inmsg)
    {
      strcat(pvt->iam.dni.num, inmsg->sam.sni.num);
      pvt->iam.dni.complete = pvt->iam.dni.complete || inmsg->sam.sni.complete;
      check_iam_sam(pvt);
    }

So on reception of SAM (subsequent address message), it just collects the
digits.

Overlapped signalling is not supported for outgoing calls. This is mostly
because there is no API in Asterisk for this (or at least there was not when I
implemented the original version of chan_ss7).

I guess in the VoIP, overlapped dialing is not usual, as there usually is a
full address before a call is initiated, and Asterisk works the same way.

 - Kristian.

--
Kristian Nielsen, Software Developer
MySQL AB, Hvidovre, Denmark, www.mysql.com