[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 block CIC's

Anders Baekgaard ab at sifira.dk
Mon Feb 26 08:44:24 MST 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007 11:44, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> asterisk at nicox.org writes:
> > I have blocked some CIC's with ss7 block 6 15
> > and if i check the status with ss7 linestat  i see that the CIC's are
> > blocked, BUT Asterisk initiates new calls to this CIC's
> >
> > Did anybody else see this before?
>
> In SS7/ISUP, the blocking of a CIC is a one-way thing.
>
> So if exchange A does a local blocking of CIC 6, that means that a remote
> exchange B at the other end of CIC 6 will no longer initiate incoming calls
> on CIC 6. But it does not prevent in any way exchange A from initiating a
> call on CIC 6 towards exchange B.

This is true. chan_ss7 may initiate an outgoing call on a CIC thiat is blocked
for local maintenance.  chan_ss7 will not initiate calls on CICs that are
hardware blocked or that are blocked for remote maintenance.

The next version of chan_ss7 will have an option for the CLI block and unblock
commands that state whether chan_ss7 may initiate calls on CIC that are
blocked for local maintenance. This will ease maintenance operations.

Best regards
Anders Baekgaard