[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 block CIC's

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at mysql.com
Mon Feb 26 03:44:39 MST 2007

asterisk at nicox.org writes:

> I have blocked some CIC's with ss7 block 6 15
> and if i check the status with ss7 linestat  i see that the CIC's are
> blocked, BUT Asterisk initiates new calls to this CIC's
>
> Did anybody else see this before?

In SS7/ISUP, the blocking of a CIC is a one-way thing.

So if exchange A does a local blocking of CIC 6, that means that a remote
exchange B at the other end of CIC 6 will no longer initiate incoming calls on
CIC 6. But it does not prevent in any way exchange A from initiating a call on
CIC 6 towards exchange B.

I do not know/remember the details of blocking in chan_ss7, but I suspect that
the above is the reason that local calls still take place on locally blocked
circuits. If so, it should be fairly simple to add something to the code that
marks blocked curcuits busy in some way, so that the channel allocation will
skip them.

Hope this helps,

 - Kristian.

--