[asterisk-ss7] Call Setup Problem (REL)

Mark Pieter mark.pieter75 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 07:07:30 CST 2007

Dear All,

I have a problem during call setup. I am using asterisk with libss7
(trunk). It was working with my current configuration. Now it is not
working when I enabled the debugging I found that my box is sending REL
message instead of ACM as soon as an IAM message arrive.

The following message appears on the console when I try to place a call.

[Dec 16 22:59:42] NOTICE[30985]: chan_zap.c:9200 ss7_linkset: Received
RLC out and we haven't sent REL.  Ignoring.

The following is the output of the debugging which shows that my box is
sending REL. I don't really know what is the reason for sending this
message.

My point code is 1085 and the other side point code is 2132

<[0] MSU
[ 8f 9e 21 ]
        Network Indicator: 2 Priority: 0 User Part: ISUP (5)
        [ 85 ]
        OPC 2132 DPC 1085 SLS 3
        [ 3d 04 15 32 ]
                CIC: 3
                [ 03 00 ]
                Message Type: IAM
                [ 01 ]
                --FIXED LENGTH PARMS[4]--
                Nature of Connection Indicator:
                        Satellites in connection: 0
                        Continuity Check: Check not required (0)
                        Outgoing half echo control device: included (1)
                        [ 10 ]
                Forward Call Indicators:
                        Nat/Intl Call Ind: call to be treated as a
national call (0)
                        End to End Method Ind: no end-to-end method(s)
available (0)
                        Interworking Ind: no interworking encountered
(0)
                        End to End Info Ind: no end-to-end information
available (0)
                        ISDN User Part Ind: ISDN user part used all the
way (1)
                        ISDN User Part Pref Ind: ISDN user part not
preferred all the way (1)
                        ISDN Access Ind: originating access non-ISDN (0)
                        SCCP Method Ind: no indication (0)
                        [ 60 00 ]
                Calling Party Category:
                        Category: Ordinary calling subscriber (10)
                        [ 0a ]
                Transmission Medium Requirements:
                        N x 64kbit/s unrestricted or possibly spare (3)
                        [ 03 ]
                --VARIABLE LENGTH PARMS[1]--
                Called Party Number:
                        Nature of address: 1
                        NI: 0
                        Numbering plan: 1
                        Address signals: 27558929#
                        [ 07 81 10 72 55 98 92 0f ]
                --OPTIONAL PARMS--
                Calling Party Number:
                        Nature of address: 3
                        NI: 0
                        Numbering plan: 1
                        Presentation: 0
                        Screening: 3
                        Address signals: 932336449
                        [ 0a 07 83 13 39 32 63 44 09 ]

Len = 16 [ 9e 90 0d 85 54 48 0f 31 03 00 0c 02 00 02 81 90 ]
FSN: 16 FIB 1
BSN: 30 BIB 1
>[0] MSU
[ 9e 90 0d ]
        Network Indicator: 2 Priority: 0 User Part: ISUP (5)
        [ 85 ]
        OPC 1085 DPC 2132 SLS 3
        [ 54 48 0f 31 ]
                CIC: 3
                [ 03 00 ]
                Message Type: REL
                [ 0c ]
                --VARIABLE LENGTH PARMS[1]--
                Cause Indicator:
                        Coding Standard: 0
                        Location: 1
                        Cause Class: 1
                        Cause Subclass: 0
                        Cause: Normal call clearing (16)
                        [ 02 81 90 ]

Len = 12 [ 90 9f 09 85 3d 04 15 32 03 00 10 00 ]
FSN: 31 FIB 1
BSN: 16 BIB 1
<[0] MSU
[ 90 9f 09 ]
        Network Indicator: 2 Priority: 0 User Part: ISUP (5)
        [ 85 ]
        OPC 2132 DPC 1085 SLS 3
        [ 3d 04 15 32 ]
                CIC: 3
                [ 03 00 ]
                Message Type: RLC
                [ 10 ]

Here is my zapata.conf:

[channels]
context=default
; Signaling type SS7
signalling = ss7
; Variant of SS7 signaling:
; Options are itu and ansi
ss7type = itu
; All settings apply to linkset 1
linkset = 1
; Point code of the linkset
pointcode = 1085
; Point code of node adjacent to this signaling link
; (Possibly the STP between you and your destination)
adjpointcode = 2132
; Default point code that you would like to assign to
; outgoing messages (in case of routing through STPs,
; or using A links)
defaultdpc = 2132
; What the MTP3 network indicator bits should be set to.
; Choices are national, national_spare, international,
; international_spare
networkindicator=national
; First signaling channel
sigchan = 1
; Begin CIC (Circuit indication codes) count with this number
cicbeginswith = 2
; Channels to associate with CICs on this linkset
channel = 2-31
; another cicbeginwith, so channel 16 is used for signalling

Here is My zaptel.conf :

# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0"
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
# termtype: te
bchan=2-31
dchan=1