[asterisk-ss7] libss7 - One linkset but 2 DPC with same CIC number

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Dec 12 09:29:54 CST 2007

Daniel Bichara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running libss7 with 3 E1s. First E1 has the signalling channel on
> 16 and the others are connected to two different DPC (different
> destinations).
>
> The point is: CICs of link #2 and #3 are numbered from 1 to 31. They
> have the same number and function ss7_find_cic() can not find the
> correct PVT (channel) when looking for CIC number 1, for example, on
> GRS,GRA,BLO, etc..
>
> I am working on a patch to handle OPC information (structure ss7_event /
> ss7_event_ciconly) and pass this information to ss7_find_cic for such
> commands.
>
> Any comment/suggestion is welcome.

One additional question I subsequently thought of:  Wouldn't this be an
invalid scenario though to have in a single linkset?  One of the
assumptions that I made was that you have one point code associated with
a linkset/set of signalling channels, not multiple codes associated with
a single signalling channel.  That sounds almost like an STP type
configuration...

I completely understand that you have this problem and are attempting to
find a good way to solve it.  It's just that I never presumed that such
a scenario might exist for a non STP box.

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.