[asterisk-ss7] Can not install libss7 in FC7

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Dec 6 09:15:02 CST 2007

lizhong zhu wrote:
> hello, all of users:
> my system is FC7 and dual core CPUs. I have FC7 and install libss7, but i got the errors at first stage. i follow the info from CESNET:
> http://www.cesnet.cz/doc/techzpravy/2006/asterisk-ss7/,
> 1) install libss7 and libpri
> 2) install zaptel
> 3) install asterisk.
> unfortunately, at first stage, the errors came out:
> gcc -g -o ss7linktest ss7linktest.c libss7.a -lpthread
> ss7linktest.c:13:27: error:zaptel/zaptel.h:no file
> anyone has an idea for this? please give me a hint!
> thanks!
> zhu

For whatever it is worth, for anyone reading that document, it is old
and out dated.  As someone else mentioned in another post, you now need
zaptel-1.4, libss7-trunk, and asterisk-trunk for libss7 to work,
installed in that order.  The other incorrect point is that libss7
supports ANSI as well as ITU style SS7 (and it's very easy to add
additional variants).

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.