[asterisk-ss7] libss7 testing procedures & G.729 codec

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Apr 18 09:16:17 MST 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 9:27 AM, Daniel Bichara wrote:

> Dear Matthew,
>
> I wish to start a high load performance test (4E1s at least) on an
> asterisk box running SS7 (libss7) & SIP.
>
> This test will include voice quality & CPU load running G.729 on SIP
> side.
>
> Although, there is no G.729 codec released to run with trunk version.
> The latest released version for 1.4 indicates error on description.
>
> Can you help me?

Well, the problem is that libss7 only works with trunk right now.  I
was planning on making a 1.4 based branch with the libss7 functionality
backported, but I have not had time to do so.  You could try chan_zap.c
from trunk in 1.4, but I'm not sure if that will work.  The module
interface may have changed so that that is not possible.