[asterisk-ss7] how to install Asterisk-ss7 & libss7

umar tarar umar.tarar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 03:29:12 MST 2006

with referance to my post on sep-25 in this thread, plz notify me of if i am
mistaken or missing anything abt installing asterisk-ss7 having it now
re-checked successfully. From the error log on that post it seems that it
requires 'version.h' which i am not able to find for it that suits it, plz
help here...

& abt libss7: though i've been able to successfully check it now but this
time upon 'make' it demands zaptel.h which in the whole system of mine i've
not been able to find, the error log goes here;
-----------CLI Log-------------
[root at ACDsvr libss7]# make
gcc -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -fPIC   -c -o
mtp2.o mtp2.c
gcc -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -fPIC   -c -o
ss7_sched.o ss7_sched.c
gcc -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -fPIC   -c -o
ss7.o ss7.c
gcc -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -fPIC   -c -o
mtp3.o mtp3.c
gcc -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -fPIC   -c -o
isup.o isup.c
ar rcs libss7.a mtp2.o ss7_sched.o ss7.o mtp3.o isup.o
ranlib libss7.a
gcc -shared -Wl,-hlibss7.so.1 -o libss7.so.1.0 mtp2.o ss7_sched.o ss7.o
mtp3.o isup.o
/sbin/ldconfig -n .
ln -sf libss7.so.1 libss7.so
gcc -g -o ss7test ss7test.c libss7.a -lpthread
gcc -g -o ss7linktest ss7linktest.c libss7.a -lpthread
ss7linktest.c:13:27: error: zaptel/zaptel.h: No such file or directory
ss7linktest.c: In function 'ss7_run':
ss7linktest.c:91: error: 'ZT_GETEVENT' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ss7linktest.c:91: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ss7linktest.c:91: error: for each function it appears in.)
ss7linktest.c:95: error: 'ZT_EVENT_OVERRUN' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ss7linktest.c:98: error: 'ZT_EVENT_BADFCS' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ss7linktest.c:101: error: 'ZT_EVENT_ABORT' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ss7linktest.c: In function 'zap_open':
ss7linktest.c:195: error: 'ZT_BUFFERINFO' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ss7linktest.c:195: error: syntax error before 'bi'
ss7linktest.c:197: error: 'ZT_SPECIFY' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ss7linktest.c:201: error: 'bi' undeclared (first use in this function)
ss7linktest.c:201: error: 'ZT_POLICY_IMMEDIATE' undeclared (first use in
this function)
ss7linktest.c:205: error: 'ZT_SET_BUFINFO' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make: *** [ss7linktest] Error 1
[root at ACDsvr libss7]#
----------------------------
surely it needs zaptel.h badly, but where to find it?

On 9/26/06, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:

> It doesn't use the Sangoma SS7 support.  You need to set your
> signalling channel as a dchan (or hardhdlc if you're using Digium
> TE2xxp or TE4xxp cards).  I've been doing all of my development on
> digium cards so far, so I feel confident about how it works with them.
> I have not heard any results as to how reliable the sangoma cards are
> on a signalling link.
>
> Matthew Fredrickson
>
> On Sep 25, 2006, at 6:15 PM, Rob Hillis wrote:
>
> > I actually figured it out late last night - I needed to "make
> > menuselect"
> > and re-select everything.  Don't know why (since it was already
> > showing as
> > selected) but it compiled fine.
> >
> > I had checked out both zaptel and libpri from SVN as well just to be on
> > the safe side.  I now have 30 odd zap channels, but calls aren't being
> > passed through, though my suspicion at this stage is that SS7 support
> > isn't compiled into my wanpipe drivers.  (Why Sangoma insist on hiding
> > the
> > SS7 code, I don't know!)
> >

> >> You can use asterisk trunk now instead of the asterisk-ss7 branch.
> >> With the release of the 1.4 beta, I was able to put the libss7 changes
> >> into trunk (no, this does not mean that it will be in 1.4, just in
> >> trunk).  However, I suspect your problem with chan_zap compiles has to
> >> do with the version of zaptel running on your system.  Make sure you
> >> are using zaptel from trunk, not from 1.2.  Some things changed since
> >> zaptel-1.2 so it is necessary to use zaptel-1.4 for it to compile.