[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 vs libss7 vs chan_zap

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 21 08:37:10 MST 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Frode Gorseth wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What is the differences or relation between:
>
>      chan_ss7

Chan_ss7 was written by a company (Sifira, IIRC) and released as open
source a channel driver that talks to zaptel hardware over SS7.

>      chan_zap
>      libss7

chan_zap/libss7 is another SS7 implementation that I wrote.  libss7 and
chan_zap are used in the same way that libpri and chan_zap work
together to provide SS7 signalling.  The big reason why I wrote libss7
for chan_zap was that, using chan_zap, you inherit most of it's
strengths, stability, and testing that is has acquired over the years.