[asterisk-ss7] how to install Asterisk-ss7 & libss7

umar tarar umar.tarar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 02:45:51 MST 2006

yes u r right, & i myself had discovered this prob, & i infact posted two
further posts after the one that u(Matt.) responded, but don't know y did'nt
those two posts get on to the asterisk-ss7 lists right after my previouse
post. ok here r those:

############post-1############
lately i've discovered that after compiling asterisk-trunk, i dont have any
chan_zap.so file in my /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/, that is y asterisk while
running is unable to load the chan_zap.so & because of it, it do not do
anything about zap,  ....am i right?
if yes then what should i do to correctly compile the asterisk-trunk to get
the chan_zap.so (i already have tried make & make install twice but did'nt
get chan_zap.so both times in my /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/, though
chan_zap.c is present in asterisk-trunk folder)
#############################

###########post-2#############
okay Matt.!    now some how after fixing that chan_zap.so prob (by
rechecking once again all the three packages), now when i run the asterisk
with forcefully loading the chan_zap.so modules by loading it into
modules.conf , it gives the following error about djpointcode & sigchan as;

------------CLI eror log-----------------
.
.
[Oct 14 07:28:18] NOTICE[4070]: loader.c:793 load_modules: 1 modules will be
loaded.
  == Registered application 'ZapSendKeypadFacility'
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
[Oct 14 07:28:18] ERROR[4070]: chan_zap.c:11272 linkset_addsigchan:
Unspecified
adjpointcode!

.
.
.
res_features.so => (Call Features Resource)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/smdi.conf': Found
[Oct 14 07:28:18] WARNING[4070]: res_smdi.c:726 load_module: No SMDI
interfaces are available to listen on, not starting SDMI listener.
[Oct 14 07:28:18] WARNING[4070]: pbx.c:2818 ast_register_application:
Already have an application 'ZapSendKeypadFacility'
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
[Oct 14 07:28:18] ERROR[4070]: chan_zap.c:11222 linkset_addsigchan: Unable
to open SS7 sigchan 16 (Device or resource
busy)
.
.
.

and here r my zapata.conf & zaptel.conf

-----------------zapata.conf--------------
channels]
context=zapIncoming
switchtype=euroisdn
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
musiconhold=default

signalling = ss7
ss7type = itu

linkset = 1

;pointcode = 0x1680
pointcode = 05760

;djpointcode = 0x168a
djpointcode = 05770
;djpointcode = 05-10-10

;defaultdpc = 0x168a
djpointcode = 05770
;defaultdpc = 05-10-10

networkindicator=national
cicbeginswith = 1
sigchan = 16        ; First signaling channel
channel=>1-15,17-31

;channel=>1-15
;cicbeginswith=17
;channel=>17-31

---------------zaptel.conf-----------------
pan=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

now i think the problem is quite identified, so plz suggest me what should i
do to solve this

so plz now respond according to having these two posts right after my
abt zap --- keep in mind that chan_zap.so did'nt load autometically rather i
forcefully loaded it through 'load' command in modules.conf)

waitin for the responces