[asterisk-ss7] Problems with chan_ss7-0.8.4

Robert Kenton robert.kenton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:03:24 MST 2006

Hi all,
     I have tested chan_ss7 interconnecting two asterisk boxes. Server
A and Server B

The alignment work fine, CGB & CGU as well.

I have done a test, generating .call files on
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ on server A in order to dial out towards
server B. On Server B side, when calls arrive it execute a stream_file
from a perl AGI script.

I've tested with just 60 channels, and even when the 60 channels are
not fully used, appears too much "mtp.c: MTP2 bitstream frame format
error, entering octet counting mode..." and after that some of these
messages, the link goes down.

Up to now, I have not found where the stream is bad formed.

Another test I have done is, for each .call created,  I wait 1 second
before create the next one, and with this way, it work fine.

Can some body explain this issue ?

It seems that when there are a lot of calls together at the same time,
the HDLC of the Digium TE410P card can't proccess correctly the bit
streams.. or I'm wrong ?

Robert