[asterisk-ss7] Chan_ss7.so

Tom Chandler tchandle at eastex.net
Thu Mar 30 12:50:07 MST 2006

I have got chan_ss7.so (8.3) running on two Asterisk 1.2.4 servers back to back with T1.5 connection between them.

I can complete calls in both directions between the two switches, so I believe that SS7 is working.

I would like to extend the package,however before I work on it, questions:

1.  Is anyone using this package in the US, and if so, are the connections to a STP or to other switch.

2.  First requirement is to expand the package to support two signaling links.

3.  Add trunk cic (pic code ie, 0288 = AT&T), so it can be included in the IAM.

4.  As anyone studied the dump file, when capturing MSU's.  I am having trouble with the fields before the message type, and some other minor layout issues.

If anyone has answers to the above, I would appreciate, and would welcome anyone who wishes to work on these extensions to the package(Many more to add, but start small).

Thank You
Tom Chandler