[asterisk-ss7] Re: asterisk-ss7 Digest, Vol 13, Issue 17

Tim Danner tdanner at pacwest.com
Fri Mar 24 00:26:20 MST 2006

MTP3 -> Service indicator
ISUP -> T/CIC
SCCP -> SSN remote ss7
TCAP -> SSN local database

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Tinning [mailto:tinning at sifira.dk]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 2:03 AM
To: asterisk-ss7 at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-ss7] Re: asterisk-ss7 Digest, Vol 13, Issue 17

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 steve at astcode.com wrote:

>  can any one help me in in this confusion "does chan_ss7 use A links
or F  Links ?"

 chan_ss7 is typically used like this:

 STP --------- SEP (Asterisk / chan_ss7)    One signalling link

 STP ---------

             SEP (Asterisk / chan_ss7)       Two signalling links

 STP ---------

As far as I undestand, A links are the links from STP to SEP in the
ascii-drawings above. So chan_ss7 uses A links for sure.

 chan_ss7 can also work in a cluster:

 STP ------- SEP (Asterisk / chan_ss7)

 STP ------- SEP (Asterisk / chan_ss7)

 Now, the links between an STP and SEP are still A-links, but I think
 the interconnect between the two SEP's can be considered an F link.

 The interconnect is typically a crossed ethernet connection though, so
 I don't know if it can be fully qualified as an F link according to the
spec.

Mvh. Jacob

--
Jacob Tinning
System Developer                                           SIFIRA A/S