[asterisk-ss7] Version 0.8.3 of chan_ss7 for asterisk released

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 08:57:42 MST 2006

On 20 March 2006 19:51, Kai Militzer wrote:

> That sounds for me more like a problem of the asterisk
> transcoding then a problem with chan_ss7. I sometimes
> (especially with a lot of channels open) get messages
> like
> Mar 20 15:48:39 NOTICE[22448]: chan_ss7.c:1880 ss7_write:
> Write buffer full on CIC=38 (wrote only 0 of 160), audio
> lost.

This is EXACTLY what I get, and that hugely impacts to the
voice quality. The only difference - I get it VERY OFTEN in
the cases named "AUDIO LOST"

> But this seems to have no real impact on the voice
> quality as there are no glitches hearable.

More cases needed, see above. It's hearable as clicks in
audio.

> > The error happens in the code which uses write() to the
> > zaptel fd. Than write() returns EAGAIN and resource
> > temporarily unavalable and that error happens. But
> > considering the conditions given above - that is
> > strange and I could only guess that there is some
> > global desyncronization...
>
> What lets you come to the conclusion that the problem
> lies at write() function? Did you do debugging? If that's
> the case, than it is really strange.

Yes, I did some debugging and even trying to modify the code
in several different ways with almost no impact. That
happen in the ss7_write() which is read by zt_read in the
ZAPTEL kernel driver.

Maybe IO type should be changed to a sort of mmaped...