[asterisk-ss7] Short MTP2 frame len, CRC error

JBoudreau at ga.conklincorp.com JBoudreau at ga.conklincorp.com
Thu Jun 29 14:15:49 MST 2006

According to your "raw bits" dump, which contains a series of "f9" bytes, it
looks like your program no longer tries to align the byte boundaries of the
bit stream by detecting the filler flags between SS7 frames. The flag is
"7e" (binary 01111110) and is transmitted between SS7 messages (idle time)
to allow the byte-alignment of the serial (T1 or E1) bit stream. The
consecutive "f9" bytes in your raw capture look symptomatic of a series of
"7e" flags that are read with incorrect bit alignment.

This scenario seems probable since you are altering a jitter function, where
bit alignment is usually performed. In that case, the higher software layers
that detect MTP2 length and CRC would report the errors you saw, since they
are fed invalid (misaligned) data.

Hopefully this will help find the root of the problem. Unfortunately, I
don't know if I can help you beyond that. I am a novice to this mailing list
and I don't have access to the code you referred to.