[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 connected to a telco

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Mon Jul 24 06:01:15 MST 2006

Hello Harry,

My experiences are as followed:

harry gaillac wrote:
> SS7 protocols:
> MTP layers 1-3
> ISUP

The MTP-Layer seems to be implented fully. At least to Layer 2, not sure
about Layer 3, but I don't use things as failover, so I cannot tell for
sure.

ISUP is not completely implemented. The most message types/features are
there and working, but AFAIK some things are not there, but also nothing
that I would need. When I first tried chan_ss7 in late 2005, there
wasn't an implemantation of CCR test, but we let that implement by a
developer and since then all features that we need are there.

> Basic calls :
> inbound-outbound

Work as they should. Nothing much to say about that.

> Supplementary services:
> Redirecting number

I think it got transmited, but I am not sure, if this gets somehow into
other channel types like SIP.

> CLIP/CLIR/COLP/COLR

The calling number is always in ISUP messages. Only if one bit is set,
you must not show it to the end point (the user). Asterisk with chan_ss7
can set this bit. I don't know if COLP works. Never testes this.

> Network configuration:
> SEP functionality
> Connection to other SEP or STP

Never done anything into that direction, so I cannot tell.

In overall I can say, that it works stable since about four month in a
friendly-user test.

Regards,
Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller