[asterisk-ss7] MTP2 CRC errors resulting in flapping link

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Tue Jul 4 00:45:59 MST 2006

Hello Patrick,

Patrick wrote:

> Digium cards are (were?) famous for not playing very nice when they had
> to share interrupts with other hardware. Best practice is (was?) to have
> the card on its own interrupt. Did you try to disable usb on the box and
> disabling the uhci_hcd & ehci_hcd modules? What about disabling the
> parallel port and the parport0 module (to free up as much interrupts as
> possible)?

As the box is located on a location I have to drive to for an hour, I
cannot disable USB in the BIOS that easy. The things I could do from
here, I have done so far, meaning I unloaded the uhci and ehci modules,
changed from an smp kernel to a non smp kernel and even to a standard
386 kernel, disabled apic and acpi, loaded eepro100 instead of e100 and
unloaded the parport modules without any results.

> Since I see ide0 in your output check if you have set the right hdparm
> settings for IDE. There are some tips on
> http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/pci_irq_apic_tdm_ticks_te410p_te405p_noise.html

I was not able to enable DMA for my harddisk, as hdparm says it is not
able to set it. I suspect the problems may derive from a buggy
BIOS/mainboard.

So far I have no more idead what I can do. If I don't get any other
ideas to solve this from any of you, I will try to disable USB physicaly
in the BIOS, but that will be my last resort.

Best regards,
Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller