[Asterisk-ss7] SS7 on Asterisk

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Jan 5 13:17:38 CST 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 9:36 AM, janvb at caselaboratories.com wrote:

> hi,
>
> This is probably common knowledge, but anyway...
>
> There exist a small SS7 lib 'chan_ss7' that is GPL.
>
> Digium are also working on a 'libss7' that is not released, but I am
> not sure if this will be open source or a commercial bit .

There is a commercial, tested implementation called libisup.  However,
that is not a product of Digium.  I personally am working on a library
that implements (so far) MTP2, MTP3, and ISUP called libss7.  I was
planning on releasing it under the GPL when I get a real call passed
across the link.  I'm hoping by the end of this week to have that ready
(time permitting).