[Asterisk-ss7] SS7 Information

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Jan 4 23:03:36 CST 2006

200 simultaneous calls can EASILY be handled by a single 56kbps SS7
link.  You'll need 2 links for redundancy but a single link can
handle several thousand call creations per second, thousands of
simultaneous calls.  The E1 card you plan on using depends on your
SS7 stack.  I think the Digium E1 card supports the Digium SS7 stack
which is only available on the commercial asterisk (as far as I know).