[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 observations

Marc Storck mstorck at voipgate.com
Fri Dec 8 07:03:55 MST 2006

Hello,

I have chan_ss7 0.9 running with an Ericsson mobile switch.

I had use_connect=no first, but sometimes I got IAM messages with the
following bit set:

Continuity Check Indicator: Continuity check performed on a previous
circuit (0x02)

The result was that the Ericsson Switch sent a Circuit Reset directly
after the ACM, which didn't look different to me compared with traces of
working calls.

So I tried setting use_connect=yes which solved the problem. But now I
get warnings:

WARNING[26068]: l4isup.c:2971 process_cot: Received COT, but state is
not ST_CONCHECK for CIC=25?!?

With version 0.9 I also see alot of these:

WARNING[614]: channel.c:2380 set_format: Unable to find a codec
translation path from alaw to unknown

If someone has an idea how to fix this, please share your comments.

Best regards,

Marc