[asterisk-ss7] Any development?

Storer, Darren darren.storer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:17:35 MST 2006

Hi Matthew,

We don't have a live SS7 link in the office but I do have an Inet Spectra
SS7 simulator/emulator with ISUP. It has been used to debug other SS7 stacks
on commercial SoftSwitch/NIVR platforms with great success. It can generate
calls and inject maintenance messages/deliberate errors etc. The Spectra
supports up to four SS7 signalling links and multiple point codes. With a
bit of fiddling the Spectra can be used remotely but you have to use a DOS
based client; I don't have the Unix version of the remote client
application.

For independent verification of the signalling conversations "on the wire"
we also have a GN Nettest MPA (Multi Protocol Analyser) with ISUP. This
device will also spot transmission errors when performing long duration
tests. (There's nothing like an idle SS7 link,  generating lots of FISUs to
really find out if a link is stable)

The bad news is the I only have an old single E1 card in our test system and
the brief loan of a more modern dual E1 card (both Digium). Can these cards
be used to run chan_ss7 or do I have to obtain a TE4XX card? Our model
system uses SuSE 9.2, does that present any problems?

Regards

Darren

--
Darren Storer