[asterisk-ss7] Any development?

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Thu Aug 10 21:49:28 MST 2006

Hello,

Anton wrote:
> I see summer makes everyone not so active, especially in SS7
> list :) I just wonder, if any develpment continues by
> Sifira guys? Any hope of resolving the crasy audio-lost
> problem?

There is another SS7 implementation done by Matthew Fredrickson, Digium. Check
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/mattf/asterisk-ss7 and http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk

Also, we (I and Matthew) plans to extend zaptel to provide some sort of assistance for SS7 (like FISU/LSSU
generation/handling within zaptel or directly by TE4xxP boards), so it would help libss7/asterisk-ss7 and Sifira to not
care about lock-free buffering, etc., because application will get informative messages only.

WBR,
Paul.