[asterisk-ss7] SS7 SMS

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:54:50 MST 2006

Does anyone know is it possible, using SS7 protocol (or any
other actually) to send a message DIRECTLY to a mobile
subscriber, avoiding contact with mobile operator's SMS
centre? For example operator's SMSC is too busy and SMS
message sometimes stays in a queue for hours before getting
delivered. So that would not be suitable for notifying
about emergency cases via SMS for example.