[asterisk-ss7] does sms exchange supported by chan_ss7?

sales at astcode.com sales at astcode.com
Tue Apr 11 11:18:37 MST 2006

Its easier to build SMSC than building entire MAP stack as SMSC requires few
structures of sccp / Tcap and Map being implimented .

Step-1
MT SMS --MAP Structures -->SRI(TCAP) To HLR To know where Msisdn where
abouts --> SCCP--MTP--MSC-->G.MSC(our server)
Step-2
Construct MT packet MAP Message with Details in our GMSC --MAP
Structures -->TCAP --> SCCP--MTP--MSC--To Destination Mobile User

To make it perfect Chan_ss7 has to over come these problems

1. MTP link down when Load is high on Chan_ss7 when Huge paket transfer
happens
2. Some how should patch the problem of missing interupts from Hardware

Unlike Isup applications like smsc will have practical throughput of 20sms
/sec / link when 160 chars are taken into consideration. This uses entire
Time Slot capability. where as ISUP Link can easily handle signaling for 12
E1's on Voice.

Some one can correct me if i am wrong .............................

Regards
Steve
Manager Sales
http://www.astcode.com