[Asterisk-ss7] Let us design an open source SS7 interface for Asterisk

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Thu May 12 08:50:23 CDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Matt Riddell waxed:

> I thought the problem was with the fact that it uses patented technology
> therefore making an opensource implementation impossible.

If there are patents involved, I don't think it's the entire
stack.  For example, I've been trying to work on some NFAS
stuff, which currently has limited support in *, but it is
very useful (if not necessary) for SS7.  The biggest hurdle
has been getting documentation on the protocol, and of
course, testers.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester