[asterisk-speech-rec] Get Filename custom Function on Speech Connector

Javier Munoz javier.munoz at merlin.com
Mon Apr 11 18:56:30 CDT 2011

Hello,
   I'm new to this list so please forgive me if I break any nettiquete rules
on the maillist.
   I wrote an Asterisk Connector to a in-house ASR Engine that works quite
well. But to be able to tune up our recognition engine I added the feature
to my connector so we can record the input audio signal on a temporary file.
  I would like to add a dialplan function on my connector to retrieve the
filename to do aditional processing (for now logging request & reponses into
an external DB). My problem resides that I don't know how to retrieve a
pointer to the ast_speech structure from a Channel structure.
  I have tried invoking the find_speech helper function, but when I load the
connector into Asterisk I get the error: undefined symbol `find_speech`. I
believe the problem is that find_speech is not exported by res_speech.so but
I don't know how else to do it.
  For now I have kinda 'solved' the problem by appending the filename into
the speech->results->text variable that I latter parse into the real speech
result text and the filename, but I think thats kinda messy/hacky and I
would like a clean implementation.
  Have anyone found themselves on this kind of situation? Any suggestions?

Kind Regards, Javier