[asterisk-speech-rec] New ASR

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jan 19 11:39:12 CST 2009

----- "Renato Cassaca" <renato.cassaca at voiceinteraction.pt> wrote:

> I'm finishing the ASR integration and I have a few more questions
> (hopefully, the last ones):
> - ast_speech_engine->get(...): returns the next available result or
> all pending available results?

It returns a linked list of results sorted by score.

> - ast_speech_engine->dtmf(...): what is the expected engine behavior?
> - stop the recognition, ignoring the results that are being processed
> (but not finalized yet)
> - stop the recognition but produce all results that are being
> processed (and can be finalized with the received audio)

This callback is purely informational. You do not need to implement it.

> - ast_speech_engine->list: it's managed by Asterisk, I don't have to
> do nothing with it. Right?

Right.

> - ast_speech_engine->activate(...grammar...): the activated grammar is
> exclusive or incremental?
> That means, if the ASR has already an activated grammar, should the
> new one be added to them or should all current ASR grammars be
> replaced by the new one? The interpretation of this will influence the
> implementation of deactivate...

This depends on the engine itself... you can implement it whichever way you want. I would say have it so that you can have multiple grammars at once though. This is what people would probably expect.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer