[asterisk-speech-rec] Problems with Speech to Text

Steve Mathers Steve.Mathers at prosodieCRM.com
Thu Sep 18 15:23:49 CDT 2008

You would need to purchase a starter license for lumenvox...asterisk
does not have a built in speech reco module. Then once you have the
license you can sign into your account and download the version of
lumenvox you need for your platform.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of
Wilson Abigaba
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:14 PM
To: asterisk-speech-rec at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-speech-rec] Problems with Speech to Text

Hi,

I hope this is the right mailing list to post newbie questions about
asterisk speech to text. Please accept my apologies if it's not.

I'm new to this but very anxious to get it working. I installed
asterisk 1.4.21.2 on a dell optiplex 320 running opensuse 10.2 and
downloaded the lumenvox callrouter.zip demo application but it has
failed to run! It only stops at SpeechLoadGrammer() and hangs up. Is
there anything am doing wrong?

I suspect it may be because i don't have a speech recognition
engine..but I thought there's a default one it should use. Am I wrong
about this? If I need a speech recognition engine for it to run, is
there a free one I can use?

I appreciate your kind assistance

Kind regards,
WIlson

----------------
    -- Executing [300 at outgoing:1] Goto("SIP/301-007b5e60",
"speech-callrouter|s|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (speech-callrouter,s,1)
    -- Executing [s at speech-callrouter:1] Answer("SIP/301-007b5e60",
"") in new stack
    -- Executing [s at speech-callrouter:2]
SpeechCreate("SIP/301-007b5e60", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [s at speech-callrouter:3]
SpeechLoadGrammar("SIP/301-007b5e60",
"directory|/etc/asterisk/grammars/directory.gram") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (speech-callrouter, s, 3) exited non-zero on
'SIP/301-007b5e60'