[asterisk-speech-rec] SpeechBackground + DTMF yielding stuck key-like behavior

Brian J. Conway bconway at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Jun 10 19:01:28 CDT 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
Trevor Benson <tbenson at a-1networks.com> wrote:

> Each time you create a 'SpeechBackground' you are resetting the
> variables as you are grabbing speech again.

-snip-

> Here you are storing the result score and text for each prompt to a new
> channel variable, after this you can run another speechbackground to
> get new scores and text's, just make sure to store them elsewhere
> before going for another speech interaction.  This should point out to
> you how to store them, and probably give you the missing part where you
> see why you are rewriting the variables each time you get speech.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that, and the variables being reset is what I'm expecting.
My point is that it's *not* happening when using DTMF.  A
SpeechBackground that does not receive any speech is continuing to use
the result from the *previous* application call when DTMF is used (on the
first of three beeps in my previous example).  Let me know if I wasn't
clear with my previous code snippet and sequence of events.  Thanks.

Brian J. Conway