[asterisk-speech-rec] How to enable N-Best decoding? CRM:00171167

missivestoadrian-vxml at yahoo.com missivestoadrian-vxml at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 08:23:32 MST 2007

Hi Stephen:

Thanks for the tip. Lowering the value of
vad_eos_delay did help. A couple of other questions:

1. Is there a way to change the value of vad_eos_delay
on-the-fly in my dialplan (instead of the
lumenvox.conf file)? As you have noted, in a given
speech application the value of vad_eos_delay may need
to change depending on the particular type of question
being asked.

2. So far I have not worked with grammars with more
than a hundred rules. How large a grammar can one have
before the speech engine computation times become
noticeable to the user (i.e in your experience, can
the engine handle a grammar file with hundreds or
thousands of grammar rules in reasonable time?)

Warm regards,

Adrian