[asterisk-speech-rec] << Key-Pad to ASR grammar conversion >>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 03:27:48 MST 2007

Hello-
Perhaps someone can save me a bit of time this weekend by providing me with
a sample grammar or some tips.

I have a client who has a campus of 30 buildings.
Each building has a unique 3-digit building-ID-number in the range of
100-900.
Each building has specific Audio Data associated with it, ie:
1) Facilities Info
2) Emergency Info
3) Administrative Info

Currently to request Audio Data from our DB via Key-Pad entry, a user enters
a request in the following form:

Key-Pad Entry form:
(Star)-(2 Digit Requested Data Code)-(3 Digit Building Number)

Examples:
The following examples request Audio Data for building 110.
For Facilities Info: *20110
For Contact Info: *30110
For Administration Info: *40110

So the object is to produce a grammar that would recognize something like
this:

Sample spoken form:
(Requested Data Code Word)(Building Number)

Examples:
The following examples request Audio Data from building 110.
Example 1: “Facilities 110”
Example 2: “Contact 110”
Example 3: “Administration 110”

The grammar MUST recognize ALL 3-digit numbers, in the following forms:
110 would be recognized from any of the following spoken word sequences.
one-hundred-ten
one-one-zero
one-one-oh
one-hundred and ten

Semantic interpretation would return the Key-Pad equivalent of the request
so that the EXISTING Dial-Plan logic would NOT need to be modified.

Examples:
Example 1: “Facilities 110” would return "*20110"
Example 2: “Contact 110” would return "*30110"
Example 3: “Administration 110” would return "*40110"

I realize this is NOT a trivial exercise—I’m hoping someone may have
produced something similar so I have a place to start. Thanks.

Suggestions or grammar-examples would be VERY HELPFUL.
Existing “Bits and pieces” or grammar fragments would also be helpful
THANKS.

Cheers-
JJQ