[asterisk-speech-rec] << LumenVox & Fedora Core 5 >>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:23:15 MST 2007

UPDATE:
(Almost) vanilla FC5 works nicely with LumenVox License Server and Speech
Engine.
In fact it one of the most impressive asterisk add-ons Ive seen in 3 years.
At least by the looks of, --well- sounds of--,  the Pizza Demo.

Heres the rub:

When installing the decoder via the .bin executable--
./engine-X.Y-linux-DISTRIB-installer.bin

The installer (I guess its actually the installer script) gives errors-
complaining about the FC5 versions of libcrypto and libssl (openssl).

So I compiled and installed old versions of both the above libraries from
source (from FC4-openssl-0.9.7f-7.10) and reran the installer.  No problems.
No errors. No complaints from the "post-install-script".

So It looks like the only thing needed for LumenVox software to run on a
vanilla (ie: straight from the iso images at redhat/fedora) FC5 is alternate
(dated) openssl libs.

One other tidbit buried deep in the sparse docs:
When you run the test app: ./example -ip-address-of-the-speech-engine-

The decoder continuously returns the somewhat cryptic:

count=0, decode returns 10
Interpretation 1:
8587070707

This is actually a successful decode!
Your installation is working.
I spent 30minutes trying to figure out if this actually meant the software
was decoding anything.

Cheers-
jjq