[asterisk-speech-rec] LumenVox support for more languagesCRM:00170454

Gerd Graumann GerdGraumann at LumenVox.com
Mon Jan 15 10:53:45 MST 2007

UK English  - we just purchased the audio data.

I think, you might want  to give them a stronger statement reg our
commitment  to UK English...

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of
Stephen Keller
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 9:32 AM
To: Use of speech recognition in Asterisk
Subject: RE: [asterisk-speech-rec] LumenVox support for more
languagesCRM:00170454

U.K. English is something we should have in the coming months. An
improved Spanish model is planned for our March release, and we just
created a beta Australian/New Zealand English model (if anyone is
interested in beta testing that please let me know). Aside from those,
we are working on improving the Canadian French model that is still in
beta.

As for other languages, certainly they are something we plan on adding.
Creating a new model is a lengthy process, however, that requires we
acquire transcribed audio in that language and then spend a significant
amount of time building and testing the model.

I don't have a firm roadmap to share with the list, however, as the
languages we prioritize are partially based on business requirements --
e.g. we had some customers in Australia and New Zealand that had an
immediate need for that model.

If anyone has a specific need for a given language, feel free to contact
me to discuss your specific needs off-list.

--
Stephen Keller
LumenVox Technical Support

LumenVox

Tell us what is important to you! Take our product development survey:
http://www.LumenVox.com/survey/srDevelopment/index.asp