[asterisk-speech-rec] DTMF

David Brazier david.brazier at 360crm.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 15:53:48 MST 2007

I understand that Lumenvox SRE supports DTMF and voice grammars, but I'm
still not clear if the Asterisk/Lumenvox interface is designed to
support passing DTMF events to Lumenvox.

David

Joshua Colp wrote:
> DTMF gets returned as a regular speech result from the dtmf grammar
with
> a score of 1000.
>
> You could do a check on that to see if they entered DTMF or did
speech.

Stephen Keller wrote:
> The purpose of DTMF grammars is so that once the platform (in this
case Asterisk) recognizes DTMF,
> you can get semantic interpretation from the Engine regardless of
whether the user spoke or dialed.
> I.e. you can return the same semantic interpretation to your
application regardless of whether your
> user said "One" or pressed 1. It sounds like this is what you would
want for your application -- this