[asterisk-speech-rec] DTMF

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Feb 22 09:00:21 MST 2007

David Brazier wrote:
>   Hi
>
> I find that I'm not getting reliable results trying to detect DTMF using
> Lumenvox SRE via Asterisk.  In fact, I don't know if it really recognises
> DTMF at all - sometimes it just happens to match against the voice grammar -
> e.g. a beep is matched against spoken "yes".  My application uses code
> like:

Using the newest version of the speech API once a DTMF digit is received
then Asterisk will stop doing speech recognition and switch strictly to
DTMF in itself. Once this happens the SRE is no longer involved as it is
not the one who detects or handles the DTMF. If everything is properly
setup then DTMF tones should never reach the SRE. In the case where
you've got DTMF going inband and you're not setup to process it inband,
then it would spill over to the engine but that's the only case I can
think of.

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.