[asterisk-speech-rec] Hang while loading res_speech_lumenvox on FC

Stephen Keller StephenKeller at LumenVox.com
Thu Aug 23 19:04:11 CDT 2007

We're working on a fix for the hang while loading res_speech_lumenvox.so
on Fedora Core.

In the interim, if Jeff's suggestion about reverting to other versions
of openssl doesn't work for you, you can work around the problem by
adding a delay to Asterisk's module loader. Modify main/loader.c and
add:

sleep(2);

Right before the following code:

/* if the system supports RTLD_NOLOAD, we can just 'promote' the flags
	   on the already-opened library to what we want... if not, we
have to
	   close it and start over
	*/
#if defined(HAVE_RTLD_NOLOAD) && !defined(__Darwin__)
	if (!dlopen(fn, RTLD_NOLOAD | (wants_global ? RTLD_LAZY |
RTLD_GLOBAL : RTLD_NOW | RTLD_LOCAL))) {
		ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to promote flags on module
'%s': %s\n", resource_in, dlerror());
		while (!dlclose(lib));
		free(resource_being_loaded);
		return NULL;
	}

This will cause Asterisk to wait between loading modules. This makes
Asterisk take longer to start, and is intended only as a temporary fix.
I'll be sure to let the list know when it the issue is worked out.

Thanks,

Stephen Keller
LumenVox Support
P: 877-977-0707, just say "Support"
F: 858-707-7072
Support at LumenVox.com
www.LumenVox.com <http://www.lumenvox.com/>

 <http://www.lumenvox.com/>

Winner "Best Innovation in Speech Recognition"
AVIOS SpeechTEK Award