[asterisk-speech-rec] Upgrading...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Sat Apr 28 17:21:10 MST 2007

	I decided to upgrade my office server this weekend.  I am now using
CentOS 5, Asterisk 1.4.4 and the newest Lumenvox 7.5 apps.  I am having
a problem trying to get everything working together.

	I did a new installation so I formatted the hard disk.  It is the same
hardware so my Lumenvox license should work.  I downloaded the RPM files
for CentOS 4 and they installed fine.  Here is where the problem begins:

	If I try to compile the example application I get the following error:

[root at pbxoficina examples]# make
Building file: example.cpp
g++ -w -fpermissive -Wno-deprecated -Wno-conversion -fpermissive
-Wno-unused -Wno-comment -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-conversion -Wno-reorder
-I/opt/lumenvox/engine_7.1/include -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0
-oexample.o example.cpp
example.cpp:1:26: error: LVSpeechPort.h: No such file or directory
example.cpp: In function ‘void run_decode(std::string)’:
example.cpp:17: error: ‘SOUND_FORMAT’ was not declared in this scope
example.cpp:17: error: expected `;' before ‘audio_format’
example.cpp:23: error: ‘LVSpeechPort’ was not declared in this scope
example.cpp:23: error: expected `;' before ‘port’
example.cpp:55: error: ‘port’ was not declared in this scope
example.cpp:55: error: ‘PROP_EX_SRE_SERVERS’ was not declared in this
scope
example.cpp:55: error: ‘PROP_EX_VALUE_TYPE_STRING’ was not declared in
this scope
example.cpp:67: error: ‘PROP_EX_DECODE_TIMEOUT’ was not declared in this
scope
example.cpp:67: error: ‘PROP_EX_VALUE_TYPE_INT’ was not declared in this
scope
example.cpp:67: error: ‘PROP_EX_TARGET_PORT’ was not declared in this
scope
example.cpp:71: error: ‘audio_format’ was not declared in this scope
example.cpp:88: error: ‘LV_ACTIVE_GRAMMAR_SET’ was not declared in this
scope
example.cpp:88: error: ‘LV_DECODE_BLOCK’ was not declared in this scope
example.cpp:88: error: ‘LV_DECODE_SEMANTIC_INTERPRETATION’ was not
declared in this scope
make: *** [example.o] Error 1

	This is fixed by making a soft link from the engine7.5 directory to
engine7.1 so it can find the libraries.  I guess someone forgot to
change the version of the include directory?  After compiling I get the
following result:

[root at pbxoficina examples]# ./example 127.0.0.1
Connecting to 127.0.0.1
Interpretation 1:
8587070707

count=0, decode returns 10
Interpretation 1:
8587070707

count=1, decode returns 10
Interpretation 1:
8587070707

count=2, decode returns 10
Interpretation 1:
8587070707

	After this I tried to install my license in the server by downloading
the file from the Lumenvox site and running the "./license_mgr -m
Licence830.bts" command.  As noted in the documentation I now have a
License.bts file in the bin directory but the server cannot find a valid
license:

[root at pbxoficina bin]# pwd
/opt/lumenvox/licenseserver_7.5/bin
[root at pbxoficina bin]# ls
getlvsystem_info  License830.bts  License.bts  license_mgr
license_server  Logs
[root at pbxoficina bin]# ./license_mgr -d
Failed to locate license file on this machine

	And finally, I get this error when trying to start Asterisk:

asterisk: symbol lookup
error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_speech_lumenvox.so: undefined
symbol: ast_speech_register

	I downloaded asterisk-1.4.x-lumenvox-support-b11-engine7.5 and copied
the .so file to the modules directory.  Maybe it is not compatible with
CentOS 5?  I guess this is the problem of being an early adopter but I
figured that since version 5 is already out why install 4.4.

--
Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Carlos Chávez Prats