[asterisk-speech-rec] Re: Lumenvox issue: abort when loading res_speech_lumenvox

Tom [toms400] toms400 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 10:06:43 MST 2006

I'm also having trouble loading res_speech_lumenvox with asterisk
1.4b2 and license server and engine 7.0 (updated today) on FC4.

I'm pre-loading res_speech and auto_loading or manually loading
res_speech_lumenvox.

It works when starting asterisk with 'asterisk &'.
But, when starting with safe_asterisk (via service asterisk start),
once res_speech_lumenbox is loaded, asterisk exits with status 134 and
signal 6:

Disconnected from Asterisk server
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 111:  7777 Aborted                 (core
dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS}
>&/dev/${TTY} </dev/${TTY}
Asterisk ended with exit status 134
Asterisk exited on signal 6.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
Executing last minute cleanups
Asterisk ending (0).

There are no messages in the log (I've got full logging on, error,
warning, notice, debug, verbose).  Tried looking at the core with 'gdb
/usr/sbin/nscd core.7777', but don't see much

Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvg -c'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x009ce410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x009ce410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x00a14f90 in ?? ()
#2  0x00001eae in ?? ()
#3  0x00b11ff4 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x009ce410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00a14f90 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x00001eae in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00b11ff4 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.

I did have a little trouble on the lumenvox install -- on reboot,
during the file system check I got an error loading shared library
libuuid.so.1: permission denied.  I already had libuuid.so.1 in /lib.
After removing libuuid.so.1 and libuuid.so.1.2 from
/opt/lumenvox/engine_7.0/lib the system booted.   Not sure if this is
part of the problem.
Other than this, nothing out of the ordinary.