[asterisk-security] Asterisk and DoS attack: What has been done so far?

Duane duane at e164.org
Wed Jan 30 10:25:16 CST 2008

Jeremy Jackson wrote:

> To be clear, I believe the DDoS issues can only be addressed at the
> Autonomous System level, which is typically an ISP or large hosting
> company.

Yes, but for some reason no one with the sort of thump needed seems to
care enough about fixing the problem or pressuring those that can to do
something about it. I would have thought that all the white noise would
have made (pick your favourite govt spy agency)'s job harder and they
would have done something about the problem by now.

Why didn't past DoS/amplification attacks make this problem get fixed?

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."