[asterisk-security] Asterisk and DoS attack: What has been done so far?

Abu 'Ubayd Fadil fsutomo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:23:18 CST 2008

Hi there,

I would really appreciate if anyone of you could give me some information
(or even pointers) regarding DoS attacks and Asterisk.

My question is what has been done so far in securing Asterisk from DoS
attacks?

I just downloaded couples of DoS attack tools online. I used the one that
floods asterisk with SIP-invite messages. And it worked. My Asterisk machine
is not functioning; placing a call is impossible, etc..

So, I am planning to solve this problem and need more information if
anything has been done regarding this so far.

btw, I am running Fedora 7 with ASterisk 1.4.8.

Thanks

Fadil