[Asterisk-Security] Opportunistic encryption

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jul 18 13:36:25 MST 2006

At 4:18 PM -0400 7/18/06, Duane wrote:

>Is there any likelihood of getting opportunistic encryption into
>IAX/SIP at all?
>
>--
>
>Best regards,
>  Duane

While your request is rather broadly worded, here is a branch you
might consider looking at or testing which uses SRTP for SIP:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5413

I also understand that there has at least been some discussion with
Phil Zimmerman about ZRTP inclusion into Asterisk, though I don't
know who (if anyone) at Digium has been talking with him about it
(though I've brought it up enough with him to start looking like a
pest.)

JT