[asterisk-scf-dev] branch-report.sh

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Mon May 16 14:51:53 CDT 2011

For the benefit of all the people of the world.  Well, at least those
using git the way we do :-)

I wrote a little script which compares remote branches with
origin/master, and prints a report on standard out so you can see the
state of those branches.  You can get the script from my [misc-scripts
repo on git.asterisk.org][1], or you can download the file directly
from [the gitweb interface][2].

The output looks like:

    <<<<<<< routing integration/sip-threading
    2 commits from 2011-05-09 to 2011-05-10 by:
         2  Mark Michelson
    =======
    3 commits from 2011-05-09 to 2011-05-15 by:
         1  Brent Eagles
         1  David M. Lee
         1  Ken Hunt

The script displays this report for the current directory, and every
subdirectory.  So if you run it from the gitall directory, you'll see
a report for all of our components.

If you want to see a diffstat of the changes, use the --stat option.
If you want a log summary of the changes, use --hist.

I hope this can help us keep tabs on what branches we have, and how
out of date they may be getting.

Enjoy!

 [1]: git://git.asterisk.org/team/dlee/misc-scripts
 [2]: http://git.asterisk.org/gitweb/?p=team/dlee/misc-scripts.git;a=blob_plain;f=branch-report.sh;hb=HEAD

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer