[asterisk-scf-dev] Code Review Emails

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Fri Jan 21 21:44:08 CST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 5:19 PM, Alistair Cunningham wrote:

> I strongly feel that these should be on a separate mailing list. Otherwise our inboxes will suffer.

I think I've found a good compromise.  I've switched the RSS feed to one that only contains open reviews.  This _should_ mean  that emails will only be sent to the list when reviews are created.  I'll pay attention to the list to make sure that this is, in fact, the case.

Emailing the group only on new reviews should satisfy the desire to have the dev list 'lurk' on the code reviews, and at the same time keep the noise level pretty low.

As for the legibility of the emails, I'm a huge fan of Markdown so I thought it was pretty good.  I can configure the rss2email script to forward the emails as HTML.  But that has its own issues for mailing lists.

Thoughts?

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer