[asterisk-scf-dev] New SIP configuration items

David Boyes dboyes at sinenomine.net
Mon Dec 19 10:51:22 CST 2011

> Based on the points raised above, it seems like there should be two routing
> options. First, there should be an option to determine what service an
> endpoint uses to route sessions from the endpoint. This option could be set
> both in the general section or per endpoint. Second, there should be an
> option to specify all routing services that should be able to locate an
> endpoint. This, on the other hand, must be configured per endpoint.
>
> What are your thoughts on this approach?

Rather than inventing a service-specific approach, I'd rather see a general policy service that returns the permitted relationships between two objects (in this case, routing services and endpoints). That would allow expressing a number of different relationships without inventing new ways to do it every time.

Example:

Policy(<endpoint>, <routing service>) would give you routing services permitted for that endpoint.
Policy(<routing service>, <endpoint>) would give you endpoints available to a routing service.

Null return = not permitted.