[asterisk-scf-dev] Post astricon participation

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 05:11:13 CDT 2010

I listened through the steering committee meeting.
I agree with the strategy about engaging core developers.
However I think this misses an opportunity to leverage the
modular, loose coupled nature of the project.

Because of the way ASCF is architected, people can
contribute non-core experiments, prototypes etc that may subsequently
be pulled into the core (or not).

We need to be encouraging that sort of development from day one.

To my mind the best way to do that would be to have a scriptable sandpit
which people could use to play with the system. (See adhearsion as an example).
That could be delivered as an Amazon EC2 image with  a suitable scripty
interface (groovy, python, javascript or ruby I suppose).

T.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk